Sprinkler System Design, Installation and Maintenance
- Maintain a beautiful, healthy and sustainable landscape
- Ensure your lawn and landscaping get the right amount of water
- Conserve water with a properly installed and maintained system
Remember, there’s more to a sprinkler system than just sprinklers. System design and installation are critical factors that will affect your system’s performance and longevity. St. Lucie Pump & Water is a professional company that will work with you to custom design an irrigation system specific to the needs of your lawn and landscaping and then install it professionally with quality products to ensure it operates correctly and efficiently.
Click here for tips on managing your irrigation system
- Irrigate during early in the morning when temperatures are cooler and there is less sun to evaporate the water and less wind to interfere with the spray pattern.
- Set your irrigation for short cycles to prevent water pooling and run-off.
- Mow your grass at 3” or taller to promote root growth and increase drought tolerance.
- Keep your bushes trimmed so they don’t interfere with the sprinkler spray pattern.
- Reposition or replace spray heads that water driveways, sidewalks, etc. This wastes water and untreated water can stain your house and/or concrete.
- Separate irrigation zones based on landscaping needs (turf areas and plant beds should be in different irrigation zones)
- Use drought-tolerant landscaping where possible
- Mulch plant beds 2 – 3” deep to help prevent evaporation and retain moisture
- Do not mix sprays, rotors and rotary nozzles in the same zone due to different precipitation rates
- Use pressure regulating sprays for optimum pressure and to prevent misting at the nozzle
- Match precipitation in each zone by changing nozzles (a 360° head should apply 4x as much water as a 90° head)
- Inspect heads regularly (adjust so they are straight and at the right height)
- Replace leaking spray heads or valves
- Adjust run times for each zone (shaded zones need shorter run times than turf in full sun)
- Adjust controller for seasonal weather changes
- Have an irrigation audit performed to optimize system efficiency
If you are unsure about how to follow these recommendations, or you would rather be doing something else, contact us. We are ready to help you and we know how to get it done right.
So put away your garden hose and St. Lucie Pump and Water design and install a sprinkler system to do your watering for you, automatically. You’ll have greener grass, healthier plants, and more free time.